A Public Service Alliance of Canada workshop module for trade union representatives which can be used and adapted to include the realities of each your respective countries regarding LGBT rights.
This workshop should open with a definition of “trans” so that we know that everyone is starting from the same perspective.
- Define Trans, Gender Identity, Gender Expression,
- Build our understanding of the trans experience to foster compassion as a steward
- Understand the steward’s role when a member transitions from one gender to another
- Understand the employer’s responsibilities during worker transitions
- Review collective agreement language that protects trans members
- Understand the laws that protect trans workers
- Have the basic knowledge and tools to properly represent a transitioning member
Download the module in English or French