The protection of workers’ and trade union rights is one of PSI’s core activities. PSI publicly denounces violations of human and trade union rights and cooperates with affiliates and other national and international union organizations in case of serious violations. PSI organises and mobilises international support, defends and represents affiliated members before the International Labour Organization and other international and regional fora, and develops resource and education materials.
The trade union rights team is seeking a communications maverick to support the team’s external news content and campaigns to promote trade unions rights.
The candidate should have knowledge and skills developing written, graphic and multimedia content across external communications channels, including the web, social media, and media in general. In addition, the TUR team is looking for someone with entrepreneurial spirit who is able to work both as a team player and independently, with the capacity to handle numerous tasks – create, update, and release all sorts of content – under tight deadlines; the team wants things to be done by yesterday.
In addition, the candidate will be exposed to the larger PSI communications and campaigns activities developed by the Communications team.
- Provide day-to-day oversight and gather good news stories for developing, posting and publishing content for PSI’s website and social media channels
- Design and develop web-ready infographics, presentations and other materials, and coordinate photography for/of events, activities, etc.
- Design and develop media campaign and appeals, including TUR brochures, media kits, key messages, fact sheets, and other communication materials as needed.
- Identify and implement appropriate metrics that evaluate the impact and reach of TUR communications and provide recommendations for continuous improvement
- Assist in the creation of public speaking engagements
- Create, maintain, and update relevant mailing lists
Education and knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations or related field
- Media and social media engagement knowledge and skills, including platforms such as Change.org, etc.
- Experience or knowledge in photography (beyond your iPhone)
- Experience or knowledge measuring and assessing communications strategies
- Fluency in English is required.
- Ability to write / create compelling stories for external audiences (something that makes you cry with the force of two onions)
- Passion for and interest in social justice
- Preferably based in the Geneva area (yes, this is a skill too)
- A CV with photo in English or Linkedin profile
- A one-page motivation letter indicating how you are fit for the job
- A sample of media / news / campaign created or developed by yourself (please provide link)
Please send your application to email@example.com by 31 March 2017.