11 October, 2016 to 13 October, 2016
The PSI Project on Decent Work and Social Protection for Migrant Workers in the Public Services will hold a project monitoring and planning meeting and Symposium in Parkview Hotel, Abuja, Nigeria, on 11-13th October 2016.
- Bring together representatives of the PSI National Working Groups from Ghana, Nigeria, Sierra Leone and PSI staff to launch the project outcomes in Nigeria (Migrant Information Kit, Passport to Workers’ Rights, Nigeria National Report).
- Review progress of implementation of work plans in Nigeria, Ghana and Sierra Leone, and update the work plans.
- Plan for the PSI Migration Project Culminating Conference on 28-30 November 2016 in Manila, Philippines.
- Organise a WAHSUN public symposium to discuss migration, forced displacement and health issues in West Africa vis-à-vis policy and practice.
- Highlight developments in the fight against the Ebola Virus Disease, and anticipating potential epidemics (recently the outbreak of Lassa fever).
- Investigate the status of internally displaced persons (IDPs) in Nigeria, including planning a PSI documentation report in view of the situation.
Participants include members of the PSI Migration Project National Working Group from Ghana, Nigeria and Sierra Leone, PSI Migration Programme Coordinator, PSI Sub-regional Secretary for English-Speaking West Africa, PSI Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) Campaign Coordinator, stakeholders and government representatives from Nigeria.